Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bittersweet

Although the election did not turn out as I had planned I am walking away from this experience with my head held high. I knew that this was a possibility and I knew from day one that my age would play a huge factor in the way people would vote or not vote in my favor. But I can say that it was a tight race and I am proud of that and I thank all of those people who voted for me and showed their support and confidence in my ability to lead a County Democratic Party. This is not the end by any means and I do not plan to back down when it comes to calling for organization at the County level. Nor, does this mean I will not continue to work for the county Democratic party in any way. I congratulate the winner Mrs. Smith and I look forward to working with her in the weeks leading up to the County Convention. I hope to attend the State Convention with her in June in Corpus!! Thanks again for the support so many of you showed and we will get them next time!!

1 comment: