Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Taking Chances...A Good Idea or Bad?

Have you ever taken a chance? Have you ever done something in your life that you had no control over the outcome of your actions? For me I have always liked to stay in my own personal safety bubble but, I learned quite along time ago that sometimes it is ok to burst your own bubble. So many times in life we choose a path that leads into the darkness but, as the Scarecrow said in The Wizard of Oz "It can only get darker before it gets lighter again." Interesting concept for perhaps out of decisions that have led us into the darkness there is still light at the end of the tunnel. When you reach the light it is a feeling of accomplishment for you know that you battled and fought the good fight for yourself. So many times people just give up and throw in the towel. But, I do believe that there is someone upstairs that will help carry you through the darkness as it tries to take you over. So I am challenging myself once again to take another chance. I don't know what it is yet but I am going to step out of my comfort zone and try something new. You know so many times we always seem to get stuck in the same old routine of things and that can be so dangerous. For you become like a robot just living your life as if each new day is the same as the one before. As Auntie Mame said in the movie, "Life is a banquet and most sons of bitches are starving to death." That is very true. For so long I was stuck in the same routine but I decided that I wanted to progress my surroundings. Well progression begins with one's self and so I switched things around and began getting involved to see if we couldn't see something different and the outlook is good. For, people are seeing that progression has so much potential if done correctly. But, you have to take a chance. There are many people taking chances in my hometown and it fills me with joy. For, we have so much potential I can gradually see that progression is right around the corner. But, it is the fear of change that scares most people off from making taking that one chance that could benefit them in the long run.

That's All

HRH JDH

1 comment:

  1. time to eat up and enjoy all life has to share with you. thanks for working so hard for our community!

    ReplyDelete